pennywise design

11.15.2006

One week till holiday time!

Yes, it was the super, extra-extended edition of my vacation in Florida (actually mostly in NYC where I was being lazy), but now I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. Today at work while compiling some boring lists for next week, it caught me completely off guard to realize that next Thursday the 23rd is Thanksgiving. It just doesn't seem right. I'd been researching all the latest holiday decor and cards online lately, thinking how I shouldn't be bothering with this stuff yet, but alas. Stopped into Pier 1 the other day to peruse their holiday collection, and the store looked awesome. I wanted a million things (especially the non-Christmasy Aegean enamel swirl vase -- much nicer in person), but somehow managed to just leave with a pair of neat mod oval ornaments in red and clear, a taper candle and holder set on sale and a white porcelain caddy for five bucks.

Last night, checked Target's Red Hot Shop, not expecting too much, when what do I find? Patterns of swirling snowflakes, leaves, deer and birds that were instantly recognizable as Tord Boontje, who indeed has designed a bunch of holiday stuff for them! Nicole, have you seen this? It's crazy how many high-profile designers are teaming up with the mass discount retailers these days. I dig the red acrylic/metal candelabra so much...unfortunately it's currently sold out. I'm also a fan of this Tord multi-colored dinnerware. Very affordable at $15.99-24.99 a set.


2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Oooooh.... I like the red acrylic/metal candelabra.

3:31 PM  
Blogger foodnerd1 said...

I have seen it! I read something about it in a magazine a few weeks and was bursting with excitement until the stuff was unveiled online.

Kinda wish there was more everyday stuff, tho.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home