pennywise design

9.01.2006

Vintage Olympics posters

It's Friday afternoon and everyone's gone home for the long, rainy weekend. Before I check out, I thought I'd post some vintage Olympics posters. It's not even Olympics season, but ever since I watched Katarina Witt win the gold on TV in '84, my passion for the Games has burned year-round. The aesthetic of these are (sadly) SO much more appealing than any of those of the more recent Olympics. See a full list of the official Olympic posters here.

These are guaranteed authentic posters, available through this eBay store.

The Sports Warehouse has a good selection of reprints for $24.95 each. I can't decide which one I like best. Tokyo '64? Maybe I'll do a collage of some sort. Hmm...yes.


2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I love vintage posters. I have a few of them in my apartment but they are mostly vintage travel posters and a couple of 1920s movie posters.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Frank said...

It would be nice to get one in a nice frame. It would go well in a game room or media room.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home