pennywise design

9.01.2006

Teal craze

My Pier 1 fall catalog arrived in the mail today, and I have to say I really like the centerpiece collection, scalandia. Teal everywhere -- a nice contrast with the streamlined blond woods of the furniture, taking a cue from mid-century Danish design. I'm also fond of the twisted shelves, but the site's shot of it isn't the best (much better in the catalog). And I think these Aegean enamel swirl vases are gorgeous finds for $30.

Other lines: tahoe...rich, autumnal browns and oranges and cozy shag rugs, all very lodge-inspired. The new urbania collection struck me as a little blah, except for the sophisticated vintage look of this calmont vanilla seating. The east village line is '50's/'60's chic (hole vases and lamps, wave patterns), but nothing really new here, though I covet the savion onyx mirror, also pictured below.

I love anything rainbowy, so these vertical dots pillows from the cape town collection caught my eye. Oh, and check out the 5-piece tri-color tea set for only 15 bucks. Not bad.

Some of my favorites below!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home