pennywise design

9.14.2006

Bedding!

I can't believe I've already worn my black leather jacket (with scarf) twice. The mind deceives. I was convinced that buttery thick, jungle heat would never let up until October. But now we're almost onto flannel sheets and space heaters. I haven't come up with a sure bedroom look yet for our house, but I (along with a lot of other people these days) would happily settle for designing it around pretty much any one of the bedding sets from Amenity Home. Pricey but amazing.

Fall bedding collections are making their way onto the "what's new" sections of websites, and there's much to be found and decided upon and curled up under. Inhabit's Luna in Taupe collection: loveliness.



Garnet Hill's got some of the neatest patterns and widest variety around. I was particularly fond of the In a New York Minute and Paris Percale sheets. And this Yo-Yo flannel is so cheery I'd like to wake up wrapped in it on a dreary morning like tomorrow. Personally, for the first two patterns I'd probably just opt for the sheets and/or pillowcases, and stick with a solid-colored duvet (or vice versa) to emphasize the charm and tone down the busyness. Though I don't know, sometimes going for it all can be a knockout.



I feel like a spinster shopping on dELiA*s site, but who am I kidding? I love all things appled and dotted and rainbowed. At this rate, mentally, I'll still be prime teen target market material when I'm 45. Here are some cute Apple Dot and Flower Star sheets.


2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I really like the apple one from dELiA*s. It's so cute. Very summery however.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

True, true, Irene. If only we lived in CAL*i ;)

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home