pennywise design

8.28.2006

A party in the rain

It's a Monday in late August, and it feels exactly like April. But I won't focus on the rain, instead I'll think about getting off work on a Friday night, with the whole weekend ahead of me. My family is coming to visit me in New York very soon, and I realized I'm way short on serving pieces. I've been hunting online, and have found so many that are appealing I have no idea where to start. Like this ceramic white daisy chip and dip server for $25, from UncommonGoods.

When I lived in Greenwich Village, I used to pass by this neat little kitschy shop with a crazy name
, Mxyplyzyk. If you're ever in that neighborhood, stop in -- everything is amazingly unique. I'm pretty sure Sarah Jessica Parker used to shop there on Sex and the City. The tampopo sectional plates (scroll over to the right) are retro-Japanese-pastel loveliness.

It's not hard to appreciate the look and character of good old vinyl LPs. Brooklynite Jeff Davis was clever enough to think of a way to save them from the landfill. Check out some awesome records-turned-housewares from his line, Vinylux, available at Elsewares.

Here's a supercute Monopoly serving tray from one of my favorite sites, Wrapables, and matching Utilities appetizer plates. So funny. My mom would love this popcorn-print snack bowl from a novelty site called Baron Bob. Totally worth it for $11.95. Wrapables also has this adorable condiment tray that fits around the umbrella of your picnic table.


If you're in the mood for something a little more sleek, CB2 has a beautiful stainless steel bowl for $19.95 that looks like sculpture.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home